New Pathways

When I first started as a new student in our school in 1991, I never would have imagined my path would lead me to my new role as interim dean. Having the opportunity to serve in this position is a tremendous honor. I am thrilled to carry on the legacy of leadership at the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry.

I would like to thank our former dean, Dr. Patrick J. Ferrillo, Jr., who for the last nine years provided leadership and a steadfast commitment to fulfilling our school’s mission. I wish him well on his sabbatical and his future retirement.

We are in for a great year ahead. The classes, simulation laboratory and patient clinics have been humming with activity. I am recharged every time I walk around our new state-of-the-art school. Our students are finding their own pathways in their programs after having settled into the routines of dental school. Our action-packed first quarter featured signature events such as the First-Year Student Retreat, Cioppino Dinner, White Coat Ceremony, guest talks organized by our student clubs and alumni receptions around the state. It is always exciting to participate in opportunities to bring our school family together, celebrate our culture and reinforce our values.

I look forward to seeing you at future events organized by our Alumni Association and other departments. In the meantime, feel free to visit us in San Francisco and catch up on the latest happenings at the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry!

Sincerely,

Nader Sig

Nader A. Nadershahi, DDS, MBA, EdD
Interim Dean